- cuterthanaguineapig reblogged this from amsule and added:
- badooney reblogged this from loveg00d and added:
- theneverlandsociety likes this
- soypanda reblogged this from collidingkiss
- light-your-darkness likes this
- annihilatedthinking reblogged this from 2spookysweater
- 2spookysweater reblogged this from your-ridiculous-lies
- your-ridiculous-lies reblogged this from phanapoeia
- phanapoeia reblogged this from trashylesbianjesus
- flamingpianos likes this
- liarsstartthefires reblogged this from intergalactickoala
- xchelsemilyy likes this
- barbrapattilea reblogged this from collidingkiss
- fangirlcommunitycenter likes this
- my-turn-to-be-brave reblogged this from intergalactickoala
- shortstack18 reblogged this from powerlesbian
- stevetacitus likes this
- wherethedevildontstay likes this
- wherethedevildontstay reblogged this from goodnessandtruth
- mlyy-has-pics-to-show reblogged this from intergalactickoala and added:
- sirsquiggyfluffybutt reblogged this from amsule
- amsule reblogged this from collidingkiss
- finding-a-way-back-to-then reblogged this from powerlesbian
- finding-a-way-back-to-then likes this
- 17xinfinity reblogged this from ereshkigal and added:
- ereshkigal reblogged this from mosspigletsandguineapigs and added:
- mosspigletsandguineapigs reblogged this from so-why-let-your-voice-be-tamed
- guiltlesspleasures3612 reblogged this from datassitude
- so-why-let-your-voice-be-tamed reblogged this from collidingkiss
- lefthandedlyse likes this
- error-drift-incompatible reblogged this from kelsaaay and added:
- kelsaaay reblogged this from collidingkiss
- suzetteisblue reblogged this from intergalactickoala
- suzetteisblue likes this
- bisexualpotato reblogged this from powerlesbian
- orpheuslabyrinth reblogged this from intergalactickoala
- jayrizzles121 reblogged this from powerlesbian
- frankenj0nes reblogged this from collidingkiss and added:
- thisdragonisnoslave reblogged this from collidingkiss
- stefunnythelez reblogged this from collidingkiss
- kristinlovespi reblogged this from intergalactickoala
- galaxysv reblogged this from collidingkiss
- kumbayamotherfucker reblogged this from collidingkiss
- fishy512 reblogged this from intergalactickoala
- loveg00d reblogged this from trashylesbianjesus
- thesixofspades reblogged this from dontcallmesteen
- ramenraptor reblogged this from intergalactickoala
- datassitude likes this
- datassitude reblogged this from collidingkiss
Texas Republicans Oppose Teaching Kids Critical Thinking in School Because It ‘Undermines Parental Authority’ →
The Republican Party of Texas recently adopted their 2012 platform (PDF)… it’s full of all sorts of horrible ideas (faith-based drug rehab, repealing the minimum wage, no gay people in the military), but one portion of it really sticks out if you care about educating children:
“We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.”
That just happened. Seriously.
Republicans are against critical thinking because it could challenge what parents teach their kids, even when they’re wrong.
But what if the kids want to believe Creationism? Doesn’t matter! We can’t have them challenging their parents’ faith.
But what about teaching them to question what pseudo-historians like David Bartonsay? Nope! Just believe what you’re told. You’re too young to be asking questions.
But what about teaching kids to discern truth from fiction? Blasphemy! Whatever Republicans tell you is truth. Why question that?
Cenk Uygur summarizes the GOP thought-process perfectly: “Wouldn’t it be great if everybody in Texas was as dumb as we are, and then everybody would be Republicans?”
Meanwhile, the word “God” appears 12 times in the GOP Platform.
If you’re an atheist, the Republican Party isn’t even trying to reach out to you. Don’t give the satisfaction of your votes.
Hell, if you’re a reasonably rational person it seems they aren’t reaching out to you.
They’re pushing for the religious extremist vote hard.
Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” isn’t a how-to documentary.
Stepford Wives and children